1. Search in the index at the back of the last issue in the volume. You can search by Name (Namenregister) or Subject (Sachregister).
Namenregister: e.g. To find all items about Rilke, go to the Namenregister and look for "Rilke". Each number given is the number for a different item, not a page number.
2. Look up the number in the first part of the volume. Note that the number is for an item entry, not a page number, e.g. item number 6001.
3. Note the name of the publication in which the item appears, in this case RilkeBl. Look up the full name of the publication in the list at the front of the volume of Germanistik. In this case, it is Blatter der Rilke-Gesellschaft. The item is in Volume 30, on pages 245-260, published in 2010. Note this down!
4. Go to the GIL Classic library catalog. Do a Journal Title search for the publication. GIL will tell you if we own it and what years we own:
5. Check we own the volume you need. In this case, you need Volume 30, which we do have. It is shelved on the 3rd floor at the call number PT2635 .I65 Z843 . Go to that call number, pull off Volume 30 and look at page 245 for your article.