Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Pivot is a grant-finding database funded by UGA's Office of Research which makes identifying potential funding sources much easier. Pivot is divided into two sections: Funding and Profiles. Funding allows searching and setting up alerts for funding opportunities, and Profiles allows you to "claim" your personal profile and update your information. You will need to create an account to use these features.
Pivot can be searched by a variety of ways, such as topic, funding agencies, deadline, researcher demographics, etc.:
- Click on the 'Funding' tab;
- At the top of the screen you'll see a 'Search funding opportunities' search box. Click on the 'Advanced Search' link under the box;
- Fill out the appropriate fields to construct your search. You can add in more search terms (residency requirements, funding type) and also exclude terms and/or requirements at the bottom of the screen.
Funding: Setting Up Alerts
Pivot can send you email alerts when a selected funding agency or search has been updated with new opportunities:
- To receive alerts when your search brings back new or updated results: run the search, then click on 'Save Search' at the top of the results screen
- To receive alerts when a particular funding opportunity is updated, click on the checkbox from the list and choose 'Set to Active' or 'Track'
- Turn off or edit alerts on your Pivot homepage under 'Options' and under the 'Preferences' menu under your name
- To receive deadline reminders, go under your Preferences menu
If you prefer not to receive alerts as emails, you may mark specific funding opportunities as 'Active' or 'Track' within your Pivot account. They'll display on your Pivot homepage when you login.