Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
New Spanish- & Portuguese-Related Works in UGA Libraries
The Libraries acquire newly published and older materials throughout the year. In this guide, I will highlight the works I have seen during the past month which are now available to check out or use in the Libraries.
The items I list here cover all subjects that pertain to:
- Spanish and Portuguese languages and dialects
- Other languages from the Iberian Peninsula
- Indigenous languages from Latin America and the Caribbean
- Any topics about Latin America, Spain and Portugal
- Topics about former Spanish or Portuguese colonies in Africa or Asia
- Any topics about people from these areas living in the United States
I will include books, DVDs, periodicals, and chapters from books and conference proceedings.
Tip of the Month
Each month I will be posting a tip about how to get the most out of using the University of Georgia Library resources. Sometimes the tip will be something simple, such as announcing a change in the library, or it could be something more complex. Keep watching here to see what comes up!
Tip for June 2022:
- New database: Caribbean Newspapers, 1718-1876 - Includes more than 140 titles from Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Cuba, Curaçao, Dominica, Grenada, Guadaloupe, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Nevis, Puerto Rico, St. Bartholomew, St. Christopher, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Tobago, Trinidad, and the Virgin Islands.
Is there something you want me to explain? Send me suggestions for tips!