Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
New Spanish- & Portuguese-Related Works in UGA Libraries
The Libraries acquire newly published and older materials throughout the year. In this guide, I will highlight the works I have seen during the past month which are now available to check out or use in the Libraries.
The items I list here cover all subjects that pertain to:
- Spanish and Portuguese languages and dialects
- Other languages from the Iberian Peninsula
- Indigenous languages from Latin America and the Caribbean
- Any topics about Latin America, Spain and Portugal
- Topics about former Spanish or Portuguese colonies in Africa or Asia
- Any topics about people from these areas living in the United States
I will include books, DVDs, periodicals, and chapters from books and conference proceedings.
Tip of the Month
Each month I will be posting a tip about how to get the most out of using the University of Georgia Library resources. Sometimes the tip will be something simple, such as announcing a change in the library, or it could be something more complex. Keep watching here to see what comes up!
Tip for October 2020:
- Book you need checked out? Look to see if another USG campus has a copy. No? Ask through Interlibrary Loan.
Is there something you want me to explain? Send me suggestions for tips!
Tips from the Last Year
- August-September 2020 - Ordering has resumed. Send me suggestions!
- August 2019 - Now is a good time to set up Library instruction sessions for Fallclasses.
- September 2019 - Review Proquest Dissertations and Theses Full Text database as you consider your MA and PhD topics.
- October 2019 - Check out the trial subscription to Slavery, Abolition & Social Justice. See, for example, "Slavery in the Early Americas" in the "Themes" section of the Introduction.
- November & December 2019 - Plan for library sessions for Spring 2020 classes.
- January 2020 - Faculty can have articles that are only in printed journals, scanned and sent to you. See the "Services for Faculty" section of the Main library website.
- February 2020 - Graduate students (and faculty) can get study carrels. Application form at this site.
- March 2020 - Need to know more about theses and dissertations at UGA? Go here.
- Mid-March through July 2020 - Libraries closed due to COVID-19.