- Select the records you wish to export. You can click Edit > Select All if you want your entire database.
- Click on the File menu > Export
- Change Save As Type option to "EndNote XML"
- Pick a name and location for the file and Save.
You will end up with a file titled "My Collection.xml" and a folder titled "My Collection.Data."
- Click the File menu > New to create a new library.
- Click on the File menu > Import File.
- Click Choose and browse to the "My Collection.xml" file you downloaded and click Open.
- Change the Import option to EndNote generated XML.
- Click Import.
- Click the File menu > Exit
- Open the "My Collection.Data" folder.
- If there is a PDF folder, copy it to the new .Data folder created with your EndNote Library. If you created a library titled "My EndNote Library," there will be a "My EndNote Library.Data" folder.
When you open the library in EndNote again, you will have the working attachments.