Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Resources with different or additional requirements are noted in context below.
- D&B Hoovers (in GALILEO) NOTE: UGA does not have access to the link labeled "Download Company".
- IBISWorld (in GALILEO) for analyst reports on more than one thousand U.S. NAICS industries and special industry categories.
- Mergent Intellect (in GALILEO) includes First Research industry reports and key business ratios on hundreds of industries. NOTE: When you enter the First Research industry reports module within Mergent Intellect you will be required to submit an email address.
- Business Source Complete (in GALILEO) articles, SWOT reports, industry reports. U.S. and international. ABI Inform (in GALILEO) is another source for similar information.
- Factiva (in GALILEO) The Wall Street Journal. Other U.S. and foreign newspapers, magazines and trade journals. Company financials. Warning: Use of the files is restricted to purposes of research and education only. Other uses and excessive downloading are strictly prohibited.
NOTE: To get good results using the field tags below you should first open More Options in lower left and change Headline and Lead Paragaph to Full Article search.
use Industry, Source (such as WSJ), and Company filters lower down the screen, e.g.,
rst=j means restrict search to articles in the eastern daily edition of the WSJ.
use field tags, e.g.,
hd=tesla means find articles in which the word 'tesla' appears in the article headline.
hlp=tesla means find articles in which the word 'tesla' appears in the headline or the first paragraph.
hlp=(ceo w/5 retire*) means find articles containing in hlp the word 'ceo' within five words of the word 'retire' or its spelling variants such as retirement, retired.
basic company information
more detailed company information
- Mergent Online (in GALILEO) in depth financial and company information for U.S. public companies. Thomson One (in GALILEO) only works with Internet Explorer ver.11. It is similar to Mergent but also includes extensive collection of historical annual reports back to the 1990s for public companies. We don't have access to the reports listed in the Research section.
- Bureau Van Dijk Orbis (in GALILEO) (provided by Terry College) basic revenue and employment data and directory information for international private companies as well as more extensive data for international and U.S. public companies.
- PrivCo (in GALILEO) basic revenue and employment data and directory information for U.S. private companies. Also covers M&A deals between privates as well as private equity and venture involvement. Requires each user to first register using UGA email as their ID.
additional company analysis
- Business Source Complete (in GALILEO) articles, SWOT reports, industry reports. ABI Inform (in GALILEO) is a similar database.
- Morningstar (in GALILEO) stock and mutual fund evaluation. Includes analysts' reports on public stocks.
Consumers & products
- Mintel Reports (in GALILEO) for analyst reports from a consumer marketing perspective. May provide useful data in context.
NOTE: Some download functions in Mintel require you to log in. To obtain a login, start Mintel and click on the "Welcome to the University of Georgia" link in the upper right of the Mintel home screen. Then click on Create a Profile. Be sure to use your UGA email address as your personal login when creating the profile.