Before you download EndNote
NEW! ENDNOTE updating to X7.2! If you already have EndNote you will be prompted to update. If you do not have EndNote, install X7, and then run the updater.
ALSO: If you are using an older version of EndNote, such as X6 or X5, on an older computer, please check to make sure X7 will be comptible with your word processing application and Mac OS version before making a change. If you are not sure, please contact a librarian or Thomson-Reuters for assistance.
1) Check for compatibility - Click here to see what EndNote version works with your Mac
2) Quit your word processing programs. Closing the window (the red button) is not enough.
3) Download the Firefox web browser. Chrome and Safari have trouble exporting database results to your EndNote program.
Remember: The first time you send database references to EndNote, you must designate the program to open the reference files in Firefox . Follow the directions in the video at right.
- Firefox does not have to be your default browser.
- You do not need to remove other browsers.