Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.

ARED 8990: Research Seminar in Art Education (Sanders-Bustle): When You Already Have a Citation

Getting THAT Article

When you have a citation in hand, for example, from the bibliography of another article, and you want to get THAT new article in hand, do this:

Libraries Homepage>>E-Journals by Title Tab>>Type in the title of THE JOURNAL, NOT THE ARTICLE TITLE, leaving off any leading articles (a, an, or the) from the JOURNAL TITLE (Journal of College Student Affairs and NOT THE Journal of College Student Affairs)>>click the search button/

If what you need isn't available in full-text, go back to the Libraries' Homepage and click on "Books and More" and re-do your search, looking for the option, Journal Title. Check to see if we own this title in print. You remember--on paper....

Still don't have it? Go back to the top of the Libraries' Homepage and  click on Services. Keep scrolling down the page and there will be a link to Interlibrary Loan. Interlibrary Loan will track down the article or book for you and send it to you as PDF. Books will be shipped to you for free as well as articles. 

To track down books, use GIL-Find. Search for the title and if what you need is in use, either recall it or borrow it using GIL Express.  If we don't own it and GIL Express can't supply it,  Interlibrary Loan will find it!