Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- International Vital Records Handbook by Thomas Jay Kemp. Location: Main Library 2nd Floor CS42.7 .K46 2000. Organized by country and U.S. state, this handbook provides guidelines and samples of forms used to acquire copies of vital records.
- The Sourcebook of County Court Records: A Concise, Straightforward, and Informative Reference to the Main and Secondary Repositories of American County Court House Records by BRB Publications. Location: Main Library 2nd floor CS44 .S67 1992. Provides the how and where to get vital records from U.S. county officials.
Please note: many vital records published in newspapers and official periodicals are available in the Libraries. You will want to consult GIL-Find using the subject headings:
- "place name newspapers" e.g., Atlanta (Ga.) Newspapers
- "registers of births, etc. (place name)" e.g., registers of births, etc. Georgia Athens
- "death notices (place name)" e.g., death notices Georgia
- "marriage records (place name)" e.g., marriage records Georgia Fulton County