Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Can't find it at UGA?
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a free service that allows you to borrow books, dissertations, and journal articles from libraries all over the world.
- Log on (You will be asked to create an account if this is your first request)
- Choose the type of item you are requesting (i.e. book or journal article)
- Complete the citation information on the form and submit your request
- ILL will contact you via email when it is ready for you to pick up or access online
GIL Express allows you to borrow books from other University System of Georgia institutions.
- Search the GIL Universal Catalog to find the book you want.
- Log in to initiate the request. You can choose to have the book sent to any library on campus, including the Art Library!
- Pick up the book when you receive an email that it has arrived.
- You can return the book to any USG library. Check for the status of your request and renew your book online in your GIL account.
Historic Preservation Links
- National Historic Preservation Act - Enacted in 1966; last amended in 2006. This link is to a PDF of the latest version.
- Antiquities Act - Enacted in 1906; authorizes the U.S. president to proclaim landmarks and objects of historic or scientific interest (national monuments).
Guidelines on Fair Use
These guidelines, from the University System of Georgia, will help you determine if a text or image you plan to use falls under Fair Use. If you have questions, please consult with your thesis advisor or ask for assistance from me or the Scholarly Communication librarian, Mariann Burright (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Use these databases to find full text biographies or, as in the case of the Biography and Genealogy Master Index, citations for biographical sources you can then find using the local catalog, GILFind.