Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Keyword Searching - Choose a keyword search to combine words and narrow your results
- Truncation: Add a * to the end of a root word to find multipe endings. Example:pollut* will find pollution and pollutes.
- Nest your synonyms to find variations on a phrase. See example below.
- To find DVDs, do a keyword search and add DVD as Keyword Anywhere. Or you can search for a particular title to see what we have. Check out DVDs from the Media Department desk in the Main Library Basement. Check their hours to make sure they are open when you come.
- We don't have it or the book you want is checked out? Locate a copy in another USG library and borrow for free through GILExpress!
- Get the GALILEO password, renew your books online, or check your GILExpress status all in Your Account.
The WorldCat database is the world's most comprehensive bibliography with bibliographic records representing information spanning 4,000 years of knowledge. Search this database to discover books, archival materials, films, and more from libraries all over the world. Click on the button to link to local holdings. If we do not have the item you need, try borrowing it through Interlibrary Loan.
Electronic Theses and Dissertations (University of Georgia) - Search for dissertations and theses completed at UGA since 1999; some are available in full text.
Dissertation Abstracts (ProQuest Dissertations and Theses) - Search US dissertations back to the 19th century. Abstracts are available from about 1980 on. Many include a 25-page full text preview.
WorldCat Dissertations and Theses
includes all dissertations, theses and published material based on theses cataloged by OCLC members, including all subjects. Links to openly available electronic copies are provided when available. There are currently over 5 million records for dissertations and theses in WorldCat, including more than 7500 available in full text online. Use the Libraries Worldwide link to determine which libraries include the dissertation or thesis in their holdings.
We can get it for you!
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a free service that allows you to borrow books, dissertations, and journal articles from libraries all over the world.
- Log on (You will be asked to create an account if this is your first request)
- Choose the type of item you are requesting (i.e. book or journal article)
- Complete the citation information on the form and submit your request
- ILL will contact you via email when it is ready for you to pick up or access online
GIL Express allows you to borrow books from other University System of Georgia institutions.
- Search the GIL Catalog to find the book you want.
- Log in to initiate the request.
- Pick up the book at the Main Library, Science Library, or Curriculum Materials Library (located in Aderhold).
- You can return the book to any USG library. Check for the status of your request and renew your book online in your GIL account.