Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Chambers of Commerce websites
- May contain demographic and economic statistical data for your area
- May include a list of local chamber members. Members usually know their community's business climate quite well.
- Search Google or other search engine for the pertinent chamber of commerce. For example: “chamber of commerce” athens georgia
RMA Annual Statement Studies (Risk Management Association)
- A print source providing 23 averaged financial statement items and 19 ratios for businesses in more than 700 NAICS industries. Breakdown by asset and sales sizes.
- Useful for measuring the performance of your company against the whole industry or for projecting the performance of a new business.
- Location: University of Georgia Main Library Reference Room has latest edition under the call number HF5681 .B2 R63. Also available in many other libraries both academic and public.
- Another good source of performance data is: Industry Norms & Key Business Ratios (Dun & Bradstreet) University of Georgia Main Library Reference HF5681 .R25 I531 - I5715
International Trade Statistics
- This UGA Libraries subject guide provides information and links to the principal databases containing data on exports and imports of commodities and broader measures of foreign trade. Also provides brief explanations of the principal commodity classification systems.