ABI/INFORM Complete (many GALILEO libraries)
Business Source Complete (all GALILEO libraries)
- Business databases containing trade and scholarly journal articles, reports, SWOT analyses, business videos, and more
- Include industry and market research
- Include company reports
- Some GALILEO libraries also have access to ABI/INFORM Dateline, Accounting and Tax Database, ProQuest European Business, and other resources
- Find information on marketing, management, planning, HR, and other subject relevant to starting and running a business
Hoover's Company Records (many GALILEO libraries, not UGA)
- A database containing brief directory information on more than 40,000 companies and 600 industries
- Includes overview, history, officers and board members, products, and related industry information
- Available through most GALILEO libraries
- A database containing full-text e-books
- Includes e-book on starting a business, business plans, financing, growth strategies, marketing, customer service, and entrepreneurship
- Individual GALILEO libraries may have access to more ebooks than others.
Small Business Collection (Gale - formerly Info-Trac)
- Small Business Collection is updated daily and provides insights, tips, strategies, and success stories for and about entrepreneurs in more than 500 full-text periodicals.
- A database containing extensive reports on over 700 NAICS industries in the U.S.
- Available at the UGA Libraries on GALILEO@UGA.
- Reports are updated at least once a year and provide an industry overview, outlook, competitive landscape, and other useful information for persons thinking of starting a business.
- A good print source covering broader industry groupings is Standard & Poor's Industry Surveys, available in the UGA Main Library Reference Room under call number HC106.6 .S74 and widely available at libraries both academic and public.
- A database containing brief directory information on 14 million U.S. business establishments of all sizes.
- Available at the UGA Libraries on GALILEO@UGA. Also available at Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Georgia Institute of Technology, and Ogeechee Technical College.
- The custom search tab provides multiple ways to retrieve a list of potential competitors including business type, size, and geography. Includes radius searching.
- Another directory database that covers larger companies only, is: Dun & Bradstreet Million Dollar Database. Available at the UGA Libraries on May also be available at some other academic libraries.