Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ABI/INFORM Complete (many GALILEO libraries)
Business Source Complete (all GALILEO libraries)
- Business databases containing trade and scholarly journal articles, reports, SWOT analyses, business videos, and more
- Include industry and market research
- Include company reports
- Some GALILEO libraries also have access to ABI/INFORM Dateline, Accounting and Tax Database, ProQuest European Business, and other resources
- Find information on marketing, management, planning, HR, and other subject relevant to starting and running a business
Hoover's Company Records (many GALILEO libraries, not UGA)
- A database containing brief directory information on more than 40,000 companies and 600 industries
- Includes overview, history, officers and board members, products, and related industry information
- Available through most GALILEO libraries
- A database containing full-text e-books
- Includes e-book on starting a business, business plans, financing, growth strategies, marketing, customer service, and entrepreneurship
- Individual GALILEO libraries may have access to more ebooks than others.
Small Business Collection (Gale - formerly Info-Trac)
- Small Business Collection is updated daily and provides insights, tips, strategies, and success stories for and about entrepreneurs in more than 500 full-text periodicals.
- A database containing extensive reports on over 700 NAICS industries in the U.S. as well as hundreds of specialized industries.
- Available at the UGA Libraries on GALILEO@UGA.
- Reports are updated at least once a year and provide an industry overview, outlook, competitive landscape, and other useful information for persons thinking of starting a business.
- A good print source covering broader industry groupings is Industry Surveys / CFRA, available in the UGA Main Library Reference Room under call number HC106.6 .S74 and widely available at libraries both academic and public.
- A database containing brief directory information on 14 million U.S. business establishments of all sizes.
- Available at the UGA Libraries on GALILEO@UGA. Also available at Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Georgia Institute of Technology, and Ogeechee Technical College.
- The custom search tab provides multiple ways to retrieve a list of potential competitors including business type, size, and geography. Includes radius searching.