If you are away from campus, and would like to search just our e-books, you can do this through searching the GIL Catalog under "Books and More" on the Libraries homepage.
After you do your search, look under "Tweak my results" on the left hand side of the screen. Under "Availability," choose "Full Access Online." This will limit the items shown in the Results List to just e-books.
The GIL Express service, which allows UGA faculty, staff and students to request items from other University System of Georgia (USG) universities, is available within the GIL-Find Catalog. With this service you can have USG-owned books delivered to the library most convenient for you geographically - it doesn't have to be UGA!
1. Type in your search terms and choose "University System of Georgia".
2. Click on the holdings/other locations link. Here are a couple of examples:
3. The record for the item shows you which other libraries own it. If you are not already logged in, you need to SIGN IN with your UGA MyID and password to request it.
4. When you've signed in, click on the name of a library where the item is available.
5. Then choose "Request".
6. Select your institution from the first drop-down list.
7. Select your pickup library.
8. If there is a date after which you don't need the item to be sent, please indicate that here.
9. Don't forget to sign out of your account when you have finished using GIL-Find.
10. You will receive an email notification when the item is available for pick-up. In the meantime, if you want to check on the progress of your request, you can sign into your account at the top right of the GIL-Find screen.