To Access Social Science Data Reference Resources:
UGA students, faculty, and staff may access our data resources in the Digital Humanities on the 3rd floor of the Main Library.
The principal resources available in the DigiLab are:
- SAS software (open to any UGA affiliate with a valid UGA ID card required to get into the DigiLab)
- Refinitiv Datastream (which also requires that the user has already self-registered for their personal Refinitiv Workspace login credentials and has been assigned a Datastream 'license' by John Prechtel, email@example.com
Please note that the DigiLab does not provide support for these resources and that the two Windows workstations where the resources are installed are available on a first come first served basis. Users who require assistance with Datastream can contact John Prechtel for help, firstname.lastname@example.org
For out-of-town visitors, please refer to the UGA Campus Maps for directions to the Main Library (building 0054).
Services to the University of Georgia Community
- Maintaining collections of data and providing access to selected data resources in the social sciences. Assisting library researchers in identifying appropriate studies and datasets and providing them with the information necessary to access the data. Offering limited assistance and instruction in using SPSS and SAS statistical analysis software. Conducting orientation sessions on the use of Social Science Data to faculty, staff and students.
- Referring researchers to appropriate resources or departments if our collections do not include the information needed by the researcher.
Services to the General Public (State Data Center)
- Acquiring and maintaining a collection of U.S. Census data about Georgia. Offering reference assistance for U.S. Census data as well as other government produced statistical data.
- Providing public access by a variety of means to the Libraries' collections of U.S. Census data about Georgia.