This is a quick guide to what types of materials can be borrowed by whom and for how long. For normal borrowing privilege times, renewal information, item limits, and fines, please refer to the Borrowing Privileges page.
Please note, this is meant to be a general guideline. Individual items or patrons may at times differ from what is shown in this chart. If you have any questions, ask Access Services and/or the appropriate library department.
PLEASE NOTE: No items circulate from the following collections:
- Hargrett Rare Books & Manuscripts Library
- Georgia Room
- Richard B. Russell Library for Political Research and Studies
- Miller Learning Center Reading Room
- Curriculum Materials Library Reference Items
- Music Library Reference Items
- Map Library
- Visit the Services page for information about copying and scanning options.
- Atlases Patrons may request that atlases be sent to either the Main or Science Library for in-house use by filling out the "Material Request Form" at the bottom of the item's GIL record screen. Retrievals take one to two business days and are not done on weekends. Only those books and atlases in good condition will be retrieved on demand; the Map Library reserves the right to deny requests for atlases it considers rare, fragile or damaged. Requested items are for in-house use only at the specified pickup location.