Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
New Linguistic-Related Works in the UGA Libraries
The Libraries acquire newly published and older materials throughout the year. In this guide, I will highlight the works I have seen during the past month which are now available to check out or use in the Libraries.
I will include books, DVDs, periodicals, and chapters from books and conference proceedings.
Tip of the Month
Each month I will be posting a tip about how to get the most out of using the University of Georgia Library resources. Sometimes the tip will be something simple, such as announcing a change in the library, or it could be something more complex. Keep watching here to see what comes up!
Tip for September 2021:
- Ordering has resumed. Send me suggestions!
Is there something you want me to explain? Send me suggestions for tips! OR you can request materials through the form on this page.
Tips from the Last Year
- August 2021 - Ordering has resumed. Send me suggestions.
- June & July 2021 - For Faculty: Need a PDF of an article or chapter from a print only source? See the form on the Faculty Delivery Service page.
- April & May 2021 - Electronic books are showing up in the GIL catalog. If you are having trouble opening them, use the "Chat" function on the Libraries' Main Library webpage. You might also find ebooks in the SpringerLink site - these will NOT be listed in the Libraries' catalog.
- March 2021 - When working on a literature review, make sure to check in ProQuest Dissertations and Theses Full Text and WorldCat.
- February 2021 - Send me suggestions for purchases.
- January 2021 - Time to schedule library instruction sessions for Spring!
- October-December 2020 - Book you need checked out? Look to see if another USG campus has a copy. No? Ask through Interlibrary Loan.
- August-September 2020 - Ordering has resumed. Send me suggestions!