Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Hours and Location
The Russell Library is open Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
The Russell Library is located at 300 South Hull Street, Athens GA, 30602. See the Russell Library website for information about:
You can make requests in advance of your arrival at the special collections building, or you can make requests when you arrive. Requests are made through the finding aid. There are staff members available in the research lobby located on the third floor next to the elevators to help you with requests or you can contact our reference archivist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACLU Access Restrictions
A portion of the ACLU of Georgia Records are currently closed for research following the ACLU Access Agreement. The restricted material types are summarized below:
- Administrative Records: records maintained by ACLU of Georgia administrators
- Personnel Records: files related to the employment of individuals by the ACLU of Georgia
- Development Records: files revealing the names of individual donors to the ACLU of Georgia
- Work Product Privileged Records: records created by a lawyer while working on a case, including research and developing argument strategies
- Attorney-Client Privileged Records: records that contain information exchanged between an attorney and client in confidence
- Confidential Legal Records: records sealed by the court or that would violate the privacy of an individual
Restricted folders include an access note in the finding aid that indicates the restriction type and when the folder is open for research. Boxes with an "R" before the box number include restricted materials. Researchers may still request these boxes to access the open folders within these boxes.
Researchers must sign an agreement agreeing to abide by these restrictions in order to obtain access to these records.