1. I'm a UGA author and want to publish my work in a Wiley journal, do I have to pay?
No. UGA authors can publish in select Hybrid (partial-content Open Access) for free with some restrictions:
- You must have a publication accepted in an eligible Wiley journal between January 1, 2022 to December 2024.
- Provide information about your affiliation with UGA when submitting your article for publication, and
- Sign a license to publish form as required by Wiley
2. What types of works are eligible for submission under the Wiley Read & Publish Agreement?
Case Study, Commentary, Data Article, Education, Lecture, Method & Protocol, Perspective, Practice and Policy, Rapid Publication, Research Article, Review Article, Short Communication, and Technical Note.
3. Which Wiley journals can I publish my work OA for free?
See the Select Hybrid OA journals list in the right column under Wiley Resources
4. Does Wiley require me to publish my work under a specific Creative Commons license?
No. Wiley gives you the choice to select one license from Creative Commons options as applicable for the particular journal you are publishing in: Attribution International (CC-BY), Attribution Non-Commercial International (CC-BY-NC), Attribution Non-Derivatives International (CC-BY-NC-ND),
5. Is there a preferred Creative Commons license I should consider, and why?
CC-BY is preferred because it has the least number of restrictions on sharing your work. Others who use your work under this license are required to acknowledge it.
6. Can I convert my previously published non-Open Access work into Open Access?
Yes, but only within the first year of this Agreement, 2022, with other restrictions.
7. Is there a limit to the number of works I can submit for OA publication during the terms of this Agreement.
There is not a limit on the number of works you can elect to make Open Access for you as an individual, but there is a limit on the number of articles that UGA can fund per year accordingly that Wiley calls "Article Entitlement":
- 230 works in 2022
- 240 works in 2023
- 250 works in 2024
8. I am a UGA graduate student, is eligibility to publish OA under this Agreement limited to faculty?
No. Eligibility is based on affiliation with UGA not status.