Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Databases for Latin America
- Handbook of Latin American Studies (HLAS Web) - Scholarly assessments of publications related to Latin America, from the 1930s to the present.
- Dialnet (Universidad de la Rioja, Spain) - Index to books, theses, documents, and journals.
- European Views of the Americas: 1493-1750 - A comprehensive guide to printed records about the Americas written in Europe before 1750. This is also in Galileo.
- Films on Demand - Click on the 3 bars on the upper left, then click on "View All" under the "Subjects" column. Scroll down to "Latin American Studies" under "Area Studies" (first column). There are films from the Caribbean, Central America, Mexico, and South America. Must log-in using UGA ID.
- Latin American Choral Music - information about choral music by Latin American composers from 1550 to the present (Copyright of site 2010-2015).
- Latin American Public Opinion Project (LAPOP) - From Vanderbilt University, LAPOP is the premier academic institution carrying out surveys of public opinion in the Americas.
- Felipe Herrera Library - Part of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), this site links to several useful resources.
- Felipe Herrera Library (Datasets) - Provides a wide range of economic and development statistics for Latin America and the Caribbean.
- SALALM Latin America Information Series - Short bibliographies on various Latin American topics.
- World Bank Open Data - Free and Open Access to Global Development data (search by country or indicator).
- Latin American Mortality Database - Mortality trends in Latin America (1848-2014). This is free, but you must register on the site.