Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
UGA Grant Finding Resources
The Office of Research has a wide variety of online resources available to UGA-affiliated researchers. The primary database for finding potential funding sources is Pivot, which is linked in the box to the right.
Internal Awards: As part of the overall mission in support of research across campus, the Office of Research operates Internal Grants & Awards to support, facilitate, and reward research activities. The University of Georgia Research Foundation (UGARF) provides funding for these programs.
External Awards: The Office of Research also provides resources to help UGA-affiliated researchers find, apply for, and manage external grants.
Searching COS Pivot
COS-Pivot is a grant-finding database funded by OVPR which makes identifying potential funding sources much easier. In order to fully utilize it, you will need to create an account.
Creating or Claiming a Profile
To claim researcher profile (allows user to edit publications, set up user alerts, etc.):
- Search COS-Pivot for researcher name by selecting the 'Profiles' tab;
- On the center-right of the screen you'll see a section called 'Search for a Profile'. Click the 'Advanced Search' link and type in your search (can limit by degree, etc. as well);
- Click on correct result, and choose the 'Claim Profile' button;
- An email will be sent to the address listed on your account with a link to claim the profile.
If you do not see your name: Click on the 'Suggest a Scholar' link on the lower left and fill out the online form. It may take a week to process, but you may still use COS-Pivot to find funding opportunities in the interim.
COS-Pivot can be searched by a variety of data points (topic, researchers, funding agencies, etc.). To search this database:
- Click on the 'Funding' tab;
- On the center-right of the screen you'll see a 'Search for funding opportunities' section. Click on the 'Advanced Search' link under the search box;
- Fill out the appropriate fields to construct your search. You can exclude terms by filling out the box at the bottom of the screen, and also add in more search terms (residency requirements, funding type, etc.) by clicking on the 'More Search Attributes' link.