Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
New Francophone-Related Works in UGA Libraries
The Libraries acquire newly published and older materials throughout the year. In this guide, I will highlight the works I have seen during the past month which are now available to check out or use in the Libraries.
The items I list here cover all subjects that pertain to:
- French and French Creole languages and dialects
- Any topics about France or its former colonies in Africa, Asia, and the Americas
- Any topics about people from these areas living in the United States
I will include books, DVDs, periodicals, and chapters from books and conference proceedings.
Tip of the Month
Each month I will be posting a tip about how to get the most out of using the University of Georgia Library resources. Sometimes the tip will be something simple, such as announcing a change in the library, or it could be something more complex. Keep watching here to see what comes up!
Announcement for December 2022:
- I will be retiring at the end of January 2023.
Is there something you want me to explain? Send me suggestions for tips! OR you can request materials through the form on this page.
Tips from the Last Year
- November 2022 - See our Scholarly Publishing & Communication site for more information about Copyright and Open Access.
- September-October 2022 - Need materials for your research? Send me suggestions.
- July - August 2022 - Time to set up Library Instruction sessions or One-on-one consultations.
- June 2022 - New database: Caribbean Newspapers, 1718-1876 - Includes more than 140 titles from Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Cuba, Curaçao, Dominica, Grenada, Guadaloupe, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Nevis, Puerto Rico, St. Bartholomew, St. Christopher, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Tobago, Trinidad, and the Virgin Islands.
- May 2022 - ARTFL (American and French Research on the Treasury of the French Language) - Take a look if you have not used it!
- April 2022 - JSTOR - has embargoes on some journals, withholding materials from full-text access for 1-5 years.
- March 2022 - New Database: Colonial Caribbean: Colonial Office Files from The National Archives, UK.
- December 2021 - February 2022 - Time to set up Library Instruction sessions or One-on-one consultations.