Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
When you know the play you need:
- Search in GIL-Find by title or author. If the play doesn't come up, search for the title but leave the pull-down menu as All Fields to search any tables of contents in the catalog.
- If the play doesn't appear in GIL-Find, use Inter-Play or the Play Index in the reference collection (Main Ref PN6111 .P55 1800-2007) to see if it was published in a collection. Search for the collection title in GIL-Find.
- If the play isn't anywhere in the UGA Libraries collection, borrow it from another library through GIL Express or interlibrary loan (for more on borrowing books from other libraries, see Understanding Your Options).
When you want to search by the play's characteristics:
Find a Play: Search by character gender and number, running time, set complexity, genre, author, or title. The database has information on 12,000 plays but not the full text of the plays -- search GIL-Find to locate them.
When you need a monologue:
- Go to GIL-Find and type monologues into the search box
- Change the drop-down menu to 'Subject' and click on 'Find'
- Use the left menu to limit to "Books'