Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Selected Articles From ERIC@EBSCO
These articles were found in one of the major Education databases,ERIC (at EBSCOHost). EBSCO is the company we use to provide this database and you can search all of their other databases in this "family" by clicking on "choose databases" from above the search box.For this search I searched for articles on being a GTA and on teaching undergraduates. To access these articles you'll need your UGA credentials.
- Advanced Mathematical Thinking and Students' Mathematical Learning: Reflection from Students' Problem-Solving in Mathematics Classroom By: Sangpom, Wasukree; Suthisung, Nisara; Kongthip, Yanin. Journal of Education and Learning, v5 n3 p72-82 2016.
- Applying the Lesson Study Method in a Graduate Teaching Methods Course: Implications for Improving College Teaching. By: Robinson, J. Shane. NACTA Journal. Sep2016, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p287-292
- Being the Wizard behind the Curtain: Teaching Experiences of Graduate Teaching Assistants with Disabilities at U.S. Universities. By: Damiani, Michelle; Harbour, Wendy. Innovative Higher Education. Nov2015, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p399-413
- Challenges of International Students' Adjustment to a Higher Education Institution By: Baklashova, Tatiana A.; Kazakov, Andrey V.. International Journal of Environmental and Science Education, v11 n8 p1821-1832 2016
- Composition at Washington State University: Building a Multimodal Bricolage By: Ericsson, Patricia; Hunter, Leeann Downing; Macklin, Tialitha Michelle. Composition Forum, v33 Spr 2016
- Creating Interdisciplinary Education within Monodisciplinary Structures: The Art of Managing Interstitiality By: Lindvig, Katrine; Lyall, Catherine; Meagher, Laura R.. Studies in Higher Education, v44 n2 p347-360 2019
- E-Learning: Students Input for Using Mobile Devices in Science Instructional Settings By: Yilmaz, Ozkan. Journal of Education and Learning, v5 n3 p182-192 2016
- If PBL Is the Answer, Then What Is the Problem? By: Hüttel, Hans; Gnaur, Dorina. Journal of Problem Based Learning in Higher Education, v5 n2 p1-21 2017
- Impact of a Departmental Instructional Skills Course on Graduate Students' Beliefs About Science Teaching and Learning. By: Holland, Tara. Journal of College Science Teaching. Jul/Aug2018, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p57-65
- Inspirational Teaching in Higher Education: What Does It Look, Sound and Feel Like? By: Derounian, James G.. International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, v11 n1 Article 9 Jan 2017
- An Integrated Evaluation Model of Teaching and Learning By: Lu, Yi-Ling; Wu, Chih-Wei. Journal of University Teaching and Learning Practice, v15 n3 Article 8 2018.
- Learning Communities for Teaching Practice School Placements: A Higher Education Initiative to Promote Equity for Students with Disabilities By: Subrayen, Roshanthni; Suknunan, Sachin. Journal of Student Affairs in Africa, v7 n2 p27-39 2019.
- Looking through Narrow Windows: Problem-Setting and Problem-Solving Strategies of Novice Teachers. By: Wisniewski, Carolyn A. WPA: Writing Program Administration - Journal of the Council of Writing Program Administrators. Fall2018, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p36-55
- Makerspaces in First-Year Engineering Education By: Taheri, Pooya; Robbins, Philip; Maalej, Sirine. Education Sciences, v10 Article 8 2020.
- Making anthropology relevant: Collaborative assessment in support of graduate and undergraduate success beyond the university. By: RICKE, AUDREY. Annals of Anthropological Practice. Nov2018, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p53-67.
- Passing the baton: a collaborative approach to development and implementation of context-specific modules for graduate teaching assistants in cognate disciplines. By: O'Neill, Geraldine; McNamara, Martin. Innovations in Education & Teaching International. Dec2016, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p570-580.
- Phenomenology as a Methodology for Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Research By: Webb, Andrea S.; Welsh, Ashley J.. Teaching & Learning Inquiry, v7 n1 p168-181 2019
- A Picture Paints a Thousand Words: Collage-Making in Higher Education Problem-Based Learning By: Gat, Sarah; Pade, Margalit; Bar, Michal Avrech. Australian Journal of Adult Learning, v59 n2 p170-196 Jul 2019.
- Routine Breakers for Emotionally Active Learning: "A Case Study" By: Munoz-Luna, Rosa; Jurado-Navas, Antonio. International Journal of Higher Education, v5 n4 p52-62 2016.
- Seven Steps to Heaven: Time and Tide in 21st Century Contemporary Music Higher Education By: Mitchell, Annie K.. Australian Journal of Teacher Education, v43 n5 Article 5 p60-77 May 2018
- A Summer Institute for STEM Graduate Teaching Assistants: Exploring Teaching Perceptions. By: Rivera, Seema. Journal of College Science Teaching. Nov/Dec2018, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p28-32. Spaced Repetition: Towards More Effective Learning in STEM By: Voice, Alison; Stirton, Arran. New Directions in the Teaching of Physical Sciences, v15 n1 2020.
- Sustaining a Commitment to Teaching in a Research-Intensive University: What We Learn from Award-Winning Faculty By: Mitten, Carolyn; Ross, Dorene. Studies in Higher Education, v43 n8 p1348-1361 2018
- Teacher-Student Perspectives of Invisible Pedagogy: New Directions in Online Problem-Based Learning Environments By: Barber, Wendy; King, Sherry. Electronic Journal of e-Learning, v14 n4 p235-243 2016
- A Teaching Practicum Course and its Effects on International Teaching Assistants' Discourse Intonation. By: Gorsuch, Greta. TESL-EJ. Aug2018, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p1-36
- Using Active-Learning Pedagogy to Develop Essay-Writing Skills in Introductory Political Theory Tutorials. By: Murphy, Michael P. A. Journal of Political Science Education. Jul-Sep2017, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p346-354
- Using Short Video Lectures to Enhance Mathematics Learning--Experiences on Differential and Integral Calculus Course for Engineering Students By: Kinnari-Korpela, Hanna. Informatics in Education, v14 n1 p67-81 2015