Need a book? Start with the Libraries' Homepage--www.libs.uga.edu. You have a choice from here. Let's do the one I like best--
- On the homepage, click on Find--Research Tools
- From there, select GIL-FIND Catalog
- Take the advanced search option
- Type in the words you're hoping will be in your book. For example, you could look for "educational leadership"
- Put this phrase in quotation marks to keep it together as a phrase
- Use an asterisk (*) to expand your search. Place it at the end of a string of letters to get word variations: admin*>>administration, administrator, administrators, administer, etc.
- Decide WHERE in the record you'd like to find these words. If you're not sure, just leave it at "any".
- In the middle box, select either "contains"/"is" (exact)/"starts with". Not sure? Just stick with "contains".
- Click Search
Too many hits?
- Narrow your results by using the options on the left of the results page
- Clicking on the title will give you additional information, including the author, publisher & date of publication, plus the call number and the library in which it can be found.
- From "Get It" you can request delivery between libraries on the UGA campus or from within the State of Georgia. Click Request to activate this option.
- Actions at the far right of the the page allow you to email the record, save a permanent url, export to a citation manager and more.
Take a look at your results. Click on "details" to find other terms you may want to use. Join words you are willing to interchange with "OR" (MUST BE IN ALL CAPS!)
If we don't have what you want, look at the right side and change "Search Scope" from UGA to University System of Georgia. If you then find a book you want, login to your Library account, click "Get" and find another library which has it. Pick any available option. Have your book delivered, for free, anywhere in the State.
Need more info on state-wide borrowing? Check this out.
If you still can't find what you need, contact the Interlibrary Loan department. They can usually borrow books from anywhere. For Free.