Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
SPAN 4080 (Wright) - Course Objectives
At the end of the library sessions, students will be able to:
- Identify appropriate databases and other sources of reliable information to complete the course assignments.
- Practice searching to improve and refine skills.
SPAN 4080 (Wright) - Goals
Each student will complete two research-related projects:
- Library orientation exercise - DUE no later than 5:00 pm on September 23
- Term paper
- Annotated bibliography about paper topic - Due in eLC no later than 12:45 pm October 12
- First draft - DUE in eLC no later than 12:45 pm November 23
- Final version (minimum of 5 pages, plus bibliography) - Due in eLC no later than 3:00 pm on December 14
SPAN 4080 (Wright) - Style Guides
There are various styles for creating bibliographies and citing authors in your research papers. Basic information about some of the more popular styles can be seen from the Libraries' homepage. Click the "Services" tab on the top of the UGA Libraries Webpage, then look for "Citation Style Guides" under the "Research & Teaching" column on the left, including the:
- MLA Handbook. (Copies of the 2016 8th edition of the MLA Handbook are available at the Main, Science and Miller Learning Center Reference areas. There are also copies on the third floor of the Main Library: PN203 .G53 2016.)
- Chicago Manual of Style. (Copies of the 2017 17th edition of Chicago Manual of Style are available at the Main and Music Libraries Reference areas. You may use an online version by signing in with your UGA MyID in GALILEO.)