Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ROML 2550 (Fulford) - Course Objectives
At the end of the library session, students will be able to:
- Identify appropriate databases and other sources of reliable information to complete the course assignments.
- Practice searching improve and refine searching skills.
- Know where to find the MLA citation style guidelines.
ROML 2550 (Fulford) - Goals
Each student will write an end of term essay: 5-6 pages plus a page for works cited.
Due dates (in ELC by 11:59 pm):
- Topic proposals - September 20
- First draft of essay - November 19
- Final paper - December 13
ROML 2550 (Fulford) - Style Guide
There are various styles for creating bibliographies and citing authors in your research papers. Basic information about some of the more popular styles can be seen from the Libraries' homepage. Click the "Services" tab on the top of the UGA Libraries Webpage, then look for "Citation Style Guides" under the "Research & Teaching" column on the left, including the MLA Handbook. (Copies of the 2016 8th edition of the MLA Handbook are available at the Main, Science and Miller Learning Center Reference areas. There are also copies on the third floor of the Main Library: PN203 .G53 2016.)